More to explore
- Does microwaving weed destroy THC content?
- The Chinese symbol for Marijuana Cannabis Hemp
- Index of Free Cannabis / Marijuana eBooks (PDF)
- Tibet, the Origin of Hemp and the Tibetan monks...
- THC and CBD are not the only healing compounds in Cannabis / Marijuana.
- Rest in Green Franco Loja, you will be missed by many !!! 1 Love.
- W A R N I N G ! MARIJUANA IS DANGEROUS !
- Study: Alcohol More Dangerous Than LSD, Ecstacy, Meth, Heroin and Cannabis !!
- Haarlem 420 Coffeeshop tour 2009
- Mythbusters: Pulp fiction 420 Myth Busted
- 2017 (3)
- 2016 (12)
- 2015 (13)
- 2014 (53)
- 2013 (60)
- 2012 (55)
- 2011 (53)
- 2010 (68)
- 2009 (227)
- 2008 (2)
Monday, August 12, 2013
12:24 PM | Posted by Peter Lunk | | Edit Post
Back in 2009, CNN‘s multiple Emmy award winning chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta had been a public advocate against the use of medicinal cannabis, publishing an outspoken article entitled “ Why I Would Vote No On Pot” that caused quite a lot of commentary in the cannabis scene as to the lack of thoroughness of his research.
Well, he has confirmed this by effectively doing a 180 degree turn and officially apologising for his previous statements. After further investigation and a more in depth look at the scientific data available to him, he publicly announced :
“Well, I am here to apologize.
I apologize because I didn’t look hard enough, until now. I didn’t look far enough. I didn’t review papers from smaller labs in other countries doing some remarkable research, and I was too dismissive of the loud chorus of legitimate patients whose symptoms improved on cannabis.
Instead, I lumped them with the high-visibility malingerers, just looking to get high. I mistakenly believed the Drug Enforcement Agency listed marijuana as a schedule 1 substance because of sound scientific proof. Surely, they must have quality reasoning as to why marijuana is in the category of the most dangerous drugs that have “no accepted medicinal use and a high potential for abuse.”"
Dr. Gupta also used the opportunity to announce that he has been working on this documentary entitled “Weed”, in which he travels the world, interviewing medical leaders, experts, growers and patients to discover the truth behind the benefits of medicinal cannabis.